R Model Air Ride Cab:

I've got a cab from an 89 R690 tractor that is/was on air ride. I did get the crossmember and both of the bags are pulled apart. The crossmember was actually hanging by the bags when the cab was lifted with a forklift to set on my trailer. What else will need to be purchased to reinstall this onto another truck?

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If you are installing it on a truck that didn't have air ride you will need to change the radiator supports from the rods that hook to the cowl to the tube type that go down to the frame. The cab should have the hood rollers on it. You may need to change the plates on the hood that rest on the rollers.

If you are installing it on a truck that didn't have air ride you will need to change the radiator supports from the rods that hook to the cowl to the tube type that go down to the frame. The cab should have the hood rollers on it. You may need to change the plates on the hood that rest on the rollers.

Hi David, the rollers were removed from this cab but I have the complete setup from another that would be used, and the tracks are in the hood they roll in. I never thought about the radiator support rods. This is the truck I am putting the Detroit into so I'll fabricate something to work as I don't think OEM rods would clear on the sides.

Do they use a cab leveling valve or is air pressure just regulated for those bags?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.