Guys With Mp Series Engines...

tech_j

This is more or less a consensus. I'm sure you were all aware of and participated in the PI campaigns for replacement of the injector copper sleeves, hold down yokes, tip washers, etc. Was simply wondering if any of you have recently experienced anymore failures of injector related components? It seemed like for about 6 months straight these things were coming in non-stop for copper sleeve failures, and now they just kinda trickle in every now and then. Kinda interested to see how your's are holding up... Thanks!

Torque wrench? Can I put an air hose on it??

The cup issue has slowed down alot. We are now starting to see the cup issue with the older 04 emission MP7 (non DPF). I did 2 of these in the last 3 weeks. On Saturday we towed in a 2010 (non SCR) CXU with 2 blown cups/washers. This truck was on its 2nd or 3rd trip (very low miles). The engine had all the new stuff in it. We think it was improper tourque on the injectors. The new parts (injector washer and hold down and download) have seem to fix cup issue. We have never had one come back that we installed these parts on. I dont know what happened on the 2010 CXU, I hope it was just a fluke.