Low Pressure Indicator And Buzzer

lazylady

Is the air pressure actually low while the buzzer is on, or is the air pressure normal (105 - 120 PSI)while the buzzer is on?

That would help us to narrow it down.

i have bought 3 new indicators and my husband says thy are bad thy lose air i spent over 100.00 for 3 the buzzer and pressure switch is good can you help me find one

I'm curious to what the "indicator" is? Are you talking a "wig wag", or "low air flag"? That comes down to warn of low air? That could lose air if the diaphram is bad. It's just a rubber disc inside, and tend to get old and brittle.

The pressure switch works a light on the dash, or a buzzer(that you say works). I'm thinking that by your description that it all works fine.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I'm curious to what the "indicator" is? Are you talking a "wig wag", or "low air flag"? That comes down to warn of low air? That could lose air if the diaphram is bad. It's just a rubber disc inside, and tend to get old and brittle.

The pressure switch works a light on the dash, or a buzzer(that you say works). I'm thinking that by your description that it all works fine.

its up above the break paddle ita called low pressure indicator

Ok, so you have a light and a buzzer. The buzzer is staying on all the time, thought the light goes out? Well, sounds like the wire going to the buzzer is shorted? I'm not familiar with how it's wired, but if the pressure switch "GROUNDS" the buzzer, then likely the wiring going to the buzzer is grounded inbetween the switch and buzzer, thus leaving the buzzer on all the time. It's likely a simple fix overall, but you need to trace the wiring.

Quick schematic to show you what I mean:

12v+(bat).................(buzzer).....................(switch).................battery -

If the buzzer is grounded(battery -) before the switch, then it will stay on no matter what.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"