Has Anyone Ever Heard Of A Thompson Retarder

I am in the procees of buying a B87sx tractor the owner told me it had a Thompson retarder on it but it was removed 30 plus years ago because it didnt work well , so i dont even know what it was or how it worked , he did say it was hydraulic and the control is still on the steering colum same as a trolly brake valve, he did say it mounted on the rear axle any info or if any has 1 forsale please let me know thanks in advance Brian

I wish you a lot of luck on finding one. My B8136 had one, and over the past 4 years I have yet to find one. the only person that I know that hashad one on a truck one is Ed Kaserman. His wife told me that he sold the truck a few years ago. I do have a print and an operations manual but absolutley no luck in finding one. You could get them eighter in an axle-mount or a mid-mount configuration.

I wish you a lot of luck on finding one. My B8136 had one, and over the past 4 years I have yet to find one. the only person that I know that hashad one on a truck one is Ed Kaserman. His wife told me that he sold the truck a few years ago. I do have a print and an operations manual but absolutley no luck in finding one. You could get them eighter in an axle-mount or a mid-mount configuration.

Just wondering if you could post the print or email it to me , just want to see what looked like and how it worked thanks Brian -Bad1989gt1@aol.com