GOOD EVENING

WHAT IS THE BEST ENGINE DEGREASER /CLEANER TO USE WITH A PRESSURE WASHER TO CLEAN UP THE OLD MACK? ENGINE TRANSMISSION ETC

THANKS

SKIP

:thumb:

I don't know if it the best and definitely not environmental friendly but hot water at 2000 psi plus, following a kerosene bath with a bug sprayer while still warm does a good job for me. The pressure breaks off the large accumulated chunks, the heat keeps everything warm further softening the grime. My 2000 psi, 4 gpm steam cleaner does a very nice job with this type of task.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

GOOD EVENING

WHAT IS THE BEST ENGINE DEGREASER /CLEANER TO USE WITH A PRESSURE WASHER TO CLEAN UP THE OLD MACK? ENGINE TRANSMISSION ETC

THANKS

SKIP

:thumb:

I use the purple stuf from Sam's or NAPA, spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and hose it off. Be carfull if you use a pressure washer, it can spray water into seals and gaskets if you are too close with high pressure.

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

Hi Skip, When I cleaned up the DM for paint I used some stuff from Hotsy called RipperII which really worked well on grease and road dirt as well as old oil but it will screw up your paint if you leave it on too long. Their Nytro cleaner works pretty good for routine cleanings and both go for $45 for 5 gallons. If you blow off the heavy stuff first and get everything warm, then soak the cleaner on and let it sit a little it works pretty good and will go a long way. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!