E7 460 Jake And Power Issues

alottalights

Hey guys, Just started driving a 98 CL733, E7460, 18 spd mack with a jake, sold my truck with 475 cat 18 spd RR,its like night and day, the cl's throttle response is very slow, the engine does not respond until after the throttle has been pressed instead of with it, could it be a bad pedal or potentiometer?, and the jake, sounds like its missing after the truck is warm, could this be a good candidate for the external oil line upgrade, and is it worth it 'cause right now i'd be better off opening my door and dragging my heels,(it would probably slow me down more) and is there any way to get more power from the 460, my last Mack was a 89 R686st with a 350 4 valve and 12 speed(loved that tranny!)with a dynatard, that whole combo ran better than the CL.Thanks in advance for your help.

alot of post in the forum about hp upgrades, in a nut shell injectors at $90 seems to be the way to go, a hotter program in the 460 such as a P XT would be great but nobody is going to put that on in for you hot rod shop in IL. will sell you a ecm with custom tune good for a extra 150hp, but I would solve the throttle issue and jake before any of this

alot of post in the forum about hp upgrades, in a nut shell injectors at $90 seems to be the way to go, a hotter program in the 460 such as a P XT would be great but nobody is going to put that on in for you hot rod shop in IL. will sell you a ecm with custom tune good for a extra 150hp, but I would solve the throttle issue and jake before any of this

You need to take it to a shop that has the vmac software and look at how the governer is set!It needs to be set on min max the other setting is ment to feel more like a cummins It sounds as if that is what its set on.The Jake try having a valve set done that may help some!If it dosent have the external line kit already its going to cost you big bucks to have installed now.