V8 Mack Club On Facebook

HI GUYS.

THERE IS A NEW GROUP ON FACEBOOK ANDD IT IS ABOUT V8 MACKTRUCKS. THE GROUP IS NAMED V8 MACK CLUB. IF ANY OF YOU HAS A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT YOU CAN BECOME MEMBER OF THIS GROUP. WE NEED HISTORICAL INFORMATION ABOUT MACK V8 ENGINES, SPECIALLY THE AWESOME MACK E9 ENGINE. GROUP IS ASKING FOR TECHNICAL INFORMATION LIKE PRODUCTION DATES, ENGINE RATED HORSEPOWER , ENGINE VARIATIONS AND APLICATIONS, PHOTOS,VIDEOS, DATA AND ANY KIND OF INFORMATION ABOUT MACK V8 ENGINES.

I WILL LIKE TO SEE A GREAT COMUNITY OF MACK ENTHUSIAST ON THAT FACEBOOK GROUP. WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THE MACK E9 ENGINE BECAUSE IS A STOUT MOTOR THAT GETS TONS OF EXTREME MODIFICATIONS FOR COMPETING IN THE HOT ROD SEMI OR SUPER RIG SERIES.

DALE FRANCIS OF FRANCIS ENGINEERING IN LEROY OHIO IS THE MOST PROMINENT MACK E9 ENGINE TUNNER.

I agree with Dave-why not here? I am working on a review/technical article on the famous E9 engine with the help of several engineers from the Hagerstown engine plant. I am planning to visit the plant at the end of September and should have something written shortly after that. I do have some material organized already on the development of Mack V8 engines but very little on the E9.I have not yet decided on a complete review of Mack V8 engines or to just focus on the E9.

Best regards,

John

I agree with Dave-why not here? I am working on a review/technical article on the famous E9 engine with the help of several engineers from the Hagerstown engine plant. I am planning to visit the plant at the end of September and should have something written shortly after that. I do have some material organized already on the development of Mack V8 engines but very little on the E9.I have not yet decided on a complete review of Mack V8 engines or to just focus on the E9.

Best regards,

John

On your technical article about the MACK E9 V8 engine just remember to mention how these engines are modified and make from 800 HP all the way to 4,000 HP!!! Mack E9 is a dominant force on the HOT ROD SEMI /SUPER RIG SEREIES.

There is an AUSTRALIAN truck that was built for drag racing named BANDAG TITAN (MIGHTY MACK for some cases) this race truck is for sale and its best elapsed time on the 1/4 mile is 11.61 acordig to Owner Adam Gafiero. The BANDAG MIGHTY MACK was retired they say because "lack of sponsorship".But to me they retire the truck because with just one MACK E9 engine (2,000+ HP) it was superior then the other truck the BANDAG team has, the BANDAG BULLET wich uses 2 V8 DETROIT 8V92 engines to get the same HP the MACK has with one engine.

On your technical article about the MACK E9 V8 engine just remember to mention how these engines are modified and make from 800 HP all the way to 4,000 HP!!! Mack E9 is a dominant force on the HOT ROD SEMI /SUPER RIG SEREIES.

There is an AUSTRALIAN truck that was built for drag racing named BANDAG TITAN (MIGHTY MACK for some cases) this race truck is for sale and its best elapsed time on the 1/4 mile is 11.61 acordig to Owner Adam Gafiero. The BANDAG MIGHTY MACK was retired they say because "lack of sponsorship".But to me they retire the truck because with just one MACK E9 engine (2,000+ HP) it was superior then the other truck the BANDAG team has, the BANDAG BULLET wich uses 2 V8 DETROIT 8V92 engines to get the same HP the MACK has with one engine.

I should have the BMT Wiki back up and running soon! That would be a great place for some E9 tech info!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Best regards,

John

You shoul get in contact with DALE FRANCIS of FRANCIS ENGINNERING in Leroy, Ohio so we can get knowledge on how to built and modifiy MACK E9 engines for competition.

We got 2 here but we do not know anything on how to tune them to make up to 2,000 HP!!!