Will the hood for an early 90's RD Western Contractor fit on an 87' R model with the front mount charge air cooler?

The radiator and mountings are different. If you change those it will fit with little fabrication.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Is the cab on the "Western" raised with the exhaust run between the cab and the top of the frame? If so than the top of the hood will be about 3 inchs higher (relative to the top of the fenders) than the R model. You can see this difference in the distance between the line that is cast in the hood and the top of the fenders.

I believe the Western Contractor Hood is the Facelift RD (new style) The cowl panels for the new style hood are similar to a Superliner and have no contour like the old style R or Rd Pre-Facelift. This would consist of the mating surface between the cab and hood. I'd say it is more work that it is worth.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org