Old School New User

bulldog1212

Hi all! I am from the Quad Cities and learned to drive with an 81 R Model. I loved that old beast. I would love to get an old R and fix it up for a show truck.Who can blame me? One of the best Mack models out there. Made famous by the movie Convoy and just the fact they were Bulldog tough.

So anyway between it and a CH that replaced it and now Visions, I am debating ( I know I have done lost my mind) buying my own truck someday.Like the new set forward axle design with the Copper color scheme. But until someone decides to make fuel go down and my bank to say " heres a couple hundred grand" then forget it lol.

TIll then I will just worry about the R model.Thanks for having me aboard! :mack1:

Hi all! I am from the Quad Cities and learned to drive with an 81 R Model. I loved that old beast. I would love to get an old R and fix it up for a show truck.Who can blame me? One of the best Mack models out there. Made famous by the movie Convoy and just the fact they were Bulldog tough.

So anyway between it and a CH that replaced it and now Visions, I am debating ( I know I have done lost my mind) buying my own truck someday.Like the new set forward axle design with the Copper color scheme. But until someone decides to make fuel go down and my bank to say " heres a couple hundred grand" then forget it lol.

TIll then I will just worry about the R model.Thanks for having me aboard! :mack1:

Well, I was concerned about having the Mack that I now have. I never thought I would or could have this one or any. And yes, someone once said it was like planning to have a family. If you wait you'll probably never have one. A couple of years ago, I was talkin to my neighbor, telling him about wanting a B model Mack all my life. He said to me that at least I can dream and nobody can take that away from me.

So I finally made it happen. I did'nt wait to have the money because I would not have anything if I had to wait. But it is payed for just like everything I own.

Good luck on your dream! They do come true.

mike :)