Question For Fjh

I would like to know if a E7 manual pump will work in place of a pump on a E6 not worrying about the calibration. What i am thinking about is the bolts that go thru the hub for the front gear. Is that the same. I have not being in the front of a E7 that i can still remenber. I wander if it is metric thread. glenn

glenn akers

I would like to know if a E7 manual pump will work in place of a pump on a E6 not worrying about the calibration. What i am thinking about is the bolts that go thru the hub for the front gear. Is that the same. I have not being in the front of a E7 that i can still remenber. I wander if it is metric thread. glenn

Glen I beleive the pump will fit as long as the engine is a later model transision engine with the aluminum front cover 4valve engine, the blocks were drilled to fit either or pumps they simply put plugs in the holes where the robby pump would have been,trick is to find an engine that was set up for this.Bare in mind the e7 is metric the e6 sae,I'm not sure about the gears thou .I have never tried this !The e7 sort of evolved from the e6 parts wise from what I could see the front cover was changed to aluminum shortly before the e7 was intoduced the pump flanges on the e6 came drilled for robert bosch even thou they still used ambac.There were engnes produced with the up dated aux shaft with the ps pump drive splines on the front but had the tin front cover still ,It seened like they were tooling up for e7 while still producing e6 Duno the reasons behind what they did just know they did it!

I will get the E7 and then i will have bothe here when i pull the E6 down. I hope it will change out because i will use it till i get the E6 built and want miss any work with it. Both have the pto pad on front. I would like to build the E7 engine for mine but mine only has about 15000 miles on it now.The extra torque would be neat. thanks

glenn akers

I will get the E7 and then i will have bothe here when i pull the E6 down. I hope it will change out because i will use it till i get the E6 built and want miss any work with it. Both have the pto pad on front. I would like to build the E7 engine for mine but mine only has about 15000 miles on it now.The extra torque would be neat. thanks

My other concern here would be the lines make sure your line screw on to the pump!The lines on E6 are sae at the head end Im not sure about the pump end I imagine they were metric on both e6 and e7 on the pump end Duno