1934 Model 95 Fire Truck

cowchaser

Just want to introduce myself and my truck here.

Recently purchased a '34 fire truck and I'm now trying to start and understand (and admire) some of the mechanics.

Might need some help from you guys at times. I'm in Europe and both parts and knowledge might sometimes be hard to find.

Paul

post-8180-0-39250500-1301431792_thumb.jp

Recently purchased a '34 fire truck and I'm now trying to start and understand (and admire) some of the mechanics.

Might need some help from you guys at times. I'm in Europe and both parts and knowledge might sometimes be hard to find.

Paul

Paul

welcome to the site, wow nice looking rig, looks like it just came out of a museum

Thanks for the thumbs up !

I'm just starting the "investigation" to the history of my truck.

Seems it was manufactured February 1934 and delivered March of the same year to the town of Kellog - Idaho.

I've requested build sheets etc.. from the Mack museum so I hope to get some more info on prior owners / restauration etc..

Very nice truck. I would love to stumble on one here in the USA. So, where in Europe are you/the truck? The folks at the Museum are fabulous and the sheets will help a lot. From a different Mack site, an Australian complained several years ago that customs made parts coming from the USA difficult. I'll see if I can find the original post, but I think that the issue was that customs wanted to charge a 200% tariff or something like that on any part he got. Although, it appears that the Euro is doing well against the dollar, so perhaps you can make money on the deal LOL.

Best,

Art

Art Lawrence

arthur.lawrence@firetruck.com

Gaithersburg, MD

• 3 weeks later...

A friend tells me that your rig was restored by Cal Little. He is listed on the Mack Museum web site, so you may want to contact him about the history of the truck and it's restoration.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

If you have not done so yet purchase a copy of Harvey Eckart's book "Mack Fire Trucks 1911 - 2005". Your truck is featured in the color photo section on page 82. It is the rig Cal Little restored.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!