More parts printed:
- Door latches
- Horn button
If there's interest, I can custom print emblems
- The blue parts are plastic (PLA) and as-printed without any cleaning.
I spent about 10 minutes cleaning the blue parts and then sprayed them with primer.
- Another 20 minutes detailing can make a big difference
- Plastic can be chrome plated, but it requires a lot of prep work as every flaw will show
The Horn Button
Still tweaking the pieces
- Three pieces Super-glued together
- Will need detailing to look smooth like the original
- I'm not sure the hardware for my horn button is correct - the button is too far above the steering wheel
- Not sure how the plastic will hold up.
It wouldn't pass today's requirements of:
- Double lock
- Door beam
- Roll-over test
- 500lb Gorilla tugging on the handle
- But, they're better than what's on my truck
- If there's interest, I could make a mold and cast them in brass or bronze (or alum or...)
- Album created by Keith S
- 12 images
- 3 image comments
0 Album Comments
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.