711 Fuel Injector Rack

Johnboy

I have a 711 was a turbo when I installed it in my truck eleiminated turbo. my problem is that I have bleed all line to remove air have fuel in rack but can't get fuel to the injectors no mater how much I hand prime seems to have no fuel have checked rack function as far as cam and spring operation when I crank engine get no fuel. any suggestions!!!! Would any one have a scematic of the interior of the fuel rack and govenor

Edited by John Green

I have a 711 was a turbo when I installed it in my truck eleiminated turbo. my problem is that I have bleed all line to remove air have fuel in rack but can't get fuel to the injectors no mater how much I hand prime seems to have no fuel have checked rack function as far as cam and spring operation when I crank engine get no fuel. any suggestions!!!! Would any one have a scematic of the interior of the fuel rack and govenor

First off: Are you certain you are pulling fuel from the tank through the fuel filter(s) flooding the gallery of the injection pump, then have fuel flowing back to the storage tank? When you pump the hand primer does if feel like there is nothing behind it or does the effort to push the plunger down increase substantially? If neither of these conditions are met you will not have fuel to the injection nozzles. If you do have resistance when hand priming chances are your control rack is stuck in the injection pump. Remove the front cap from the pump housing just above where the pump bolts to the engine and the cap will either be hexagonal shaped, (screws off), or has a couple of screws fastening it onto the housing. Behind this cap is a shaft with a bolt threaded into the end. You should be able to pull, and push that rod, (control rack) very easily in, and out of the pump. If it is stuck of does not move easily then you problem is found. Work that control rack back and forth several times to see if it will loosen up. If not I like to remove the pump from the engine, take off the side cover and get everything loose internal to the pump with oil and a litter coercement, (hammer/screwdriver). These things are tempermental when the sit but can usually be freed up if stuck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.