4th Of July Project

HK Trucking

Some photos from this morning (July 4).

Borrowed a truck, trailer, & skid steer from work and put in a culvert at my daughter Ashley's "in laws" place.

This is to gain access to the farm field next to their house so that the wedding guests will have a place to park.

Ashley was the designated "Photojournalist" as the project unfolded.

Spreading the first load of 1 1/4 gravel over the culvert (we first "hand shoveled" some material around the culvert to prevent it from "pushing out" when dumping the gravel on it):

Trico09044.jpg

Leveling & grading the 2nd load of gravel:

Trico09046.jpg

Trico09052.jpg

Finished product:

Trico09058-1.jpg

Trico09057.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Ashley rode along as I went to the yard to get the 2nd load of gravel, and shot some video. Turn the sound way up so you can hear the Cat motor purring! (Sorry, not a Mack. The company I've been working for for the past 2 1/2 years has all Internationals).

Upshifting when leaving the yard loaded:

th_Trico09055.jpg

Downshifting to a stop on a highway 441 off ramp:

th_Trico09056.jpg

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

looks like a fine job of grading and putting that culvert in-outstanding!..but what's in that field, wheat? Don't let them folks park in that field and tear it up!

And I've driven many Internationals, a couple of CO4070A Transtars , couple of 9400's, a 9900i, a 9900ix, and I liked them all...am I gittin' old, or what's goin' on? -pretty soon i'll be as old as Rob...gee!

BTW, I can't get the video to work.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

looks like a fine job of grading and putting that culvert in-outstanding!..but what's in that field, wheat? Don't let them folks park in that field and tear it up!

I've driven many Internationals, a couple of CO4070A's , couple of 9400's, a 9900i, a 9900ix, and I liked them all.

Yup, you're right Tom, it's wheat.

Ashley's "Father in law" said he lets a neighboring farmer plant that field without paying any rent, just so he (father in law) won't have to mow it to keep the weeds down.

I guess the farmer is going to chop it just before the wedding (Aug. 29), and if it gets ruined, he'll just re do it next year.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"