Trans. Swap

was thinking of changing the trans. in my LS-85 fire wagon from the 4speed to a duplex i have in a B-70. both are 707's. in the fire truck the trans. just hangs off of the bellhousing because the back of the engine has motor mounts. on the B-70 the trans has the back mounts. will the duplex hang off of the fire truck bell housing without any problem? i know the MH-613 with an E-9 and 13 double over i had the trans just hung off of the bell. thanks. j.j. :bulldog1:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

Applications where the engine is supported at the flywheel housing, there are two 5/8 studs at about the 11 and 1 0clock positions. You could try the B model hangars and brackets,they might not fit because the B frame widens and I think the fire truck frame is straight thru. I would just bolt it up.

Applications where the engine is supported at the flywheel housing, there are two 5/8 studs at about the 11 and 1 0clock positions. You could try the B model hangars and brackets,they might not fit because the B frame widens and I think the fire truck frame is straight thru. I would just bolt it up.

thanks fifth wheel. the frame is like you say on the fire truck and a lot of "plumbing " in the way for the fire pump that runs along the frame. i will just bolt it in and let it rip. it should run a little easier over the road with the higher ratio. j.j.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"