Tagging My B-75

Added a 1966 B-75 Mack recently to my fleet and am wanting to haul my other B-61 to shows. State of VA says if I hook a trailer to it that I am considered a commercial vehicle and am no different than new truck. I had planned on tagging it antique, but DOT says otherwise. Does anyone have any suggestions or ways around this. It would cost around 1000 bucks to tag it commercial in VA. That seems like a whole lot just to take it to shows a couple of times a year.

Thanks

Robert

Abingdon, VA

I called before I bought my B61 and they said "sure, it is a 1963, yeah the tag is $26.00. Bought it, went to the tag office and the real tag was $530.00 every year. I posted the same question a while back and the general consensus was it depended who you got at the tag office, their knowledge, phase of the moon, and if you held your mouth right. Good luck. They told me they would give me the antique truck tag, but the truck could not leave the property............ Our government at work.