Rca Series 1000 Radio

matthewb

I have removed the radio from my mack CF611 pumper and am not real sure what to do with it. I am curious if they have any value or if I just throw it away. It is an RCA series 1000. Any suggestions on what to do with it are welcome. I am not sure if any of the HAM radio guys would be interested in it or not.

Thanks,

Matt

I dont know much about RCA radio's but it may say on the back what the frequency is :unsure: . That will give you an idea of what band it is, VHF Low, VHF High, or UHF. Any VHF low radios are not worth much but the others are. It will probably be usless to a ham operator as public service is different than ham and the radio may not be able to be set-up on ham frequencies. Post on here what it is and any pics if you have. You could try the new flea-market sale area on this forum.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Matthew,

If you check out the SPAAMFAA.org website they have a classified ad section and you could list it there as there may be someone that really wants to put that radio in another antique truck, even though you most likely won't be able to transmit to anyone- it still looks like the radio that came in the older antiquess.

Firemack

• 3 months later...