New En330 Problems

frd1419

Now that I have conquered the starting problems, I am having running issues. Before I found out I was not charging my engine would run smooth, but only at 15" of vacuum, under any throttle it would break up and vacuum would drop to 12" to 13". I fixed the charging problem and now it runs rough at idle, vacuum is now down to 12" to 13" and 10" when throttled, with it breaking up bad. The person I bought the truck from changed the crank before I bought it gue to it being cracked. I am thinking he might be a tooth or two off on the timing gears. Any one with ideas?

It sounds like you have two issues. First is timing, second is the carb. If it isn't right she will stumble and not pull hard vacuum. If timing is off it wont get a good burn on time and not get good cylinder refill "vacuum". Same for the carb, too rich or lean, not a good burn, etc. I would rebuild that carb first and set it with a good vacuum gauge. Then go after the timing. It might be as stupid as plug wires crossfiring, I had that happen on a 1978 PowerWagon.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

FRD1419

The best way to start is do a compression test, once you have that you can post them here so we can review. Once you have the compression then go through the engine from ignition to carb and check all of the settings. The most likely cause of problems is ignition first then carb.

Firemack