Created My Photo Alblum

I just added a few pics to my alblum for everyone to enjoy. I'll post a few pics of where she is now when I get a chance. I got her parked inside of all places (never thought I'd see the day dad would let me keep a road tractor in the barn :D ) Over the fall I pulled the drivers side fender and patched the holes in it and got it ready for paint, a little more tweeking and sanding and she'll be good then I can start the right side.

For those who are new I bought this truck back in september for 550 dollars. The owner thought he had it sold, so I went out and bought a tool box with the money I had for the truck. 2 weeks latter I got a call saying that he still had the mack :) I cashed my pay check and emptied what little I had left in my checking account and grandpa and I drove up to look at her. We cleaned the points poured a little gas down the carb and she tried to run for a few seconds. That was enough for me to take her home. On sunday of the same weekend a freind of mine went up with his dump truck and we hauled her home.

In a few hours we had the carb cleaned out and lawn mower tank straped to the mirror for a gravity feed to the carb and she ran on her own with now problems. Went for a little ride got a quarter of a mile and ran out of gas but she built air 95 PSI and drove like a dream. Now she is in the long restoration process but in the end I hope to have a decent looking truck to haul my antique tractors, not to mention having a unique truck for the local cruse ins :SMOKIE-LFT: I am going to pull the cab and do a frame up restoration on her. The gaskets and seals will be replaced in the engine trany and probly the rear end, I'll definatly rebuild the brakes and compressor. The engine may not get a re-build, it all depends on how she sounds when I get her out on the road this summer and really get a chance to open her up. With any luck I wont run into ol johny law with an unlicenced truck driving out of my class :rolleyes:

I just added a few pics to my alblum for everyone to enjoy. I'll post a few pics of where she is now when I get a chance. I got her parked inside of all places (never thought I'd see the day dad would let me keep a road tractor in the barn :D ) Over the fall I pulled the drivers side fender and patched the holes in it and got it ready for paint, a little more tweeking and sanding and she'll be good then I can start the right side.

For those who are new I bought this truck back in september for 550 dollars. The owner thought he had it sold, so I went out and bought a tool box with the money I had for the truck. 2 weeks latter I got a call saying that he still had the mack :) I cashed my pay check and emptied what little I had left in my checking account and grandpa and I drove up to look at her. We cleaned the points poured a little gas down the carb and she tried to run for a few seconds. That was enough for me to take her home. On sunday of the same weekend a freind of mine went up with his dump truck and we hauled her home.

In a few hours we had the carb cleaned out and lawn mower tank straped to the mirror for a gravity feed to the carb and she ran on her own with now problems. Went for a little ride got a quarter of a mile and ran out of gas but she built air 95 PSI and drove like a dream. Now she is in the long restoration process but in the end I hope to have a decent looking truck to haul my antique tractors, not to mention having a unique truck for the local cruse ins :SMOKIE-LFT: I am going to pull the cab and do a frame up restoration on her. The gaskets and seals will be replaced in the engine trany and probly the rear end, I'll definatly rebuild the brakes and compressor. The engine may not get a re-build, it all depends on how she sounds when I get her out on the road this summer and really get a chance to open her up. With any luck I wont run into ol johny law with an unlicenced truck driving out of my class :rolleyes:

I looked at your album, nice old truck. Good luck with her. I bet you'll have her on the road in no time,Tim

Thanks I got 6 decent tires and rims with the truck also, so this spring I'll get them changed then take her out for a short road test. I live out in the middle of no where so the law isnt around much so I should be alright. Once I know how shes going to drive then I'll make the decission on major rebuilds for the engine and tranny. The compressor and brake chambers will definatly get rebuilt, no point in putting alot of time into her to have the brakes go out and loose it all. How big of a job is it to add spring brakes to one of these old trucks?

The tranny is a 10 speed duplex, I'm still learning to drive it but everytime I move it around I seem to get a little more comfortable wit the way she shifts. Its direct drive so I dont know how my road speed will be but if I can get 55 out of her I'll be happy. Has any one put an 18 speed quad box in an old gasser before? Just curious I'll probley leave well enough alone but if I ran across on cheep enough I might be tempted :rolleyes: This truck is on my list for next winter if things go right this summer. at the very least I hope to get the fenders fixed upa and primed so they're protected, but first I need to do some research on finishes I want this to last a good long time so I'd better do it right :thumb: