Mack Ch613

What is wrong with your clutch is it sliping?

just had truck serviced and it was fine then started making clunking noise that sounds like its coming from transmission it goes in each gear ok but as you pick up speed or under a load the clunking get faster also . drive shaft and everything under the truck looks good , what would cause a clunking noise.

just had truck serviced and it was fine then started making clunking noise that sounds like its coming from transmission it goes in each gear ok but as you pick up speed or under a load the clunking get faster also . drive shaft and everything under the truck looks good , what would cause a clunking noise.

Serviced ? oil change? You could have a rear diff gone!Ususlly clunks don't come from trans area! or clutch area!

Proper clutch adjustment if your clutch brake is set corectly is like this!Open the door of the truck put your right or left hand on the clutch pedal push light ly down there should be 1 1/2 of easy pedal till there is big resistance if its like that then its adjusted correctly.If its instantly hard then its past due for adjustment!

Clunk problem !> Have seen steel bud rims crack and clunk check the rims if so equiped!

Does the truck have MACK diffs IF so what ratio If 4:17 or 4:42 remove the top side cover of both diffs and look for missing teeth!

The other thought I have before the top gear sets is to lock out the power divider see if the clunk goes away miss matched tires will cause the powerdivider to clunk!

just a few places to start.

Serviced ? oil change? You could have a rear diff gone!Ususlly clunks don't come from trans area! or clutch area!

Proper clutch adjustment if your clutch brake is set corectly is like this!Open the door of the truck put your right or left hand on the clutch pedal push light ly down there should be 1 1/2 of easy pedal till there is big resistance if its like that then its adjusted correctly.If its instantly hard then its past due for adjustment!

Clunk problem !> Have seen steel bud rims crack and clunk check the rims if so equiped!

Does the truck have MACK diffs IF so what ratio If 4:17 or 4:42 remove the top side cover of both diffs and look for missing teeth!

The other thought I have before the top gear sets is to lock out the power divider see if the clunk goes away miss matched tires will cause the powerdivider to clunk!

just a few places to start.

this is a 99 mack with e427 10 speed ,i think cluch is gone it will move a little in 7th gear but im under a load and cant drive it now can you tell me about what it would cost for new cluch job for this truck and what a new top tank on radiater would cost also ,im stuck and trying to find out prices so i can get enough money sent to me so i can finish this run and get back home,thank for any help you might be able to give me about this.

this is a 99 mack with e427 10 speed ,i think cluch is gone it will move a little in 7th gear but im under a load and cant drive it now can you tell me about what it would cost for new cluch job for this truck and what a new top tank on radiater would cost also ,im stuck and trying to find out prices so i can get enough money sent to me so i can finish this run and get back home,thank for any help you might be able to give me about this.

new clutch will be around $650+ plus about that much for install, radiator tank, unless you go to a salvage yard you are looking at a new radiator.... ebay has them for under $700.00 check with mack though....