Mack Ai-427 Aset

What about this engine? Right now when I start out in 1st, it puts out a pretty good amount of dark smoke, but after that, its all clear. Ive changed the air filter and fuel filters, but not much changed. What about adjusting the valves? I dont know if they have been adjusted yet? It has 176,000 miles. What should I be doing for this engine? Are there any secrets or problems with this motor?

What about this engine? Right now when I start out in 1st, it puts out a pretty good amount of dark smoke, but after that, its all clear. Ive changed the air filter and fuel filters, but not much changed. What about adjusting the valves? I dont know if they have been adjusted yet? It has 176,000 miles. What should I be doing for this engine? Are there any secrets or problems with this motor?

What your seeing is normal operation for the AI engine, There is a fix but it aint legal!

What your seeing is normal operation for the AI engine, There is a fix but it aint legal!

whats the fix for it? Do you know what the sweet spot is for this motor? Im driving a tri axle dump with a 8ll and 4.42 rears....... i run about 75 mph on the highway while turning about 1900 rpms, is that bad for the motor?

whats the fix for it? Do you know what the sweet spot is for this motor? Im driving a tri axle dump with a 8ll and 4.42 rears....... i run about 75 mph on the highway while turning about 1900 rpms, is that bad for the motor?

Check your pms!