Mack Cs300 Info

HELLO TO ALL MY FELLOW :mack1: ENTHUSIASTS.

GUYS I CAME ACROSS ONE LITTLE MACK, A MACK CS250. IT WAS A LOW PROFILE TRUCK. I WANT TO KNOW THE PRODUCTION DATES FOR THAT KIND OF MACK TRUCK MODEL (CS 200 /CS250 /CS300). AND WHAT KIND OF ENGINE DO THEY HAVE.

I HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF THEIR RENAULT COUNTERPARTS RACING IN EUROPE.

MACK CS 250

CS250P_Truck2.jpg

MACK-RENAULT CS RACE TRUCKS.

racetruck_1992_4.jpg

racetruck_1993_69.JPG

racetruck_1995_69.jpg

racetruck_1997_69.jpg

truckrace_dominique_lacheze_2003_mack.jpg

racetruck_2004_14.jpg

truckrace_team_bip_bip_dominique_lacheze_2006_14.jpg

racetruck_2005_14.jpg

racetruck%202007%2014%20Dominique%20Lacheze.jpg

racetruck%202008%2025%20Olivier%20Bouzige.jpg

IF I GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THOSE MACK CS TRUCKS...

CAN I FIT (WITH MODIFICATIOS OF COURSE) A MACK E6 , EM6 OR EVEN A E9 ENGINE ON IT ???????

Well I can tell you the engines were Renault 190-250HP 8 liter engines. I don't think Renault actually designed the engine but re branded a Deutz or other make (though I am pretty sure its Deutz).

Getting a larger engine in there will be a huge project as you might have to play with the cab, hood and frame. Rob will know better as he has some experience with these trucks.

There was a larger conventional Renault in Europe known as the C series. It was popular for dump and mixer applications.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Well I can tell you the engines were Renault 190-250HP 8 liter engines. I don't think Renault actually designed the engine but re branded a Deutz or other make (though I am pretty sure its Deutz).

Getting a larger engine in there will be a huge project as you might have to play with the cab, hood and frame. Rob will know better as he has some experience with these trucks.

There was a larger conventional Renault in Europe known as the C series. It was popular for dump and mixer applications.

I had an 89 CS-300 series truck that was about the same wheelbase as the first photo of the CS-250 posted. I do believe you would be able to stuff an E6 series engine into the chassis as the production 8.8ltr engine that I had was about the same length overall as an E6. You would need to drive the cooling fan from the crankshaft as the radiator deoes sit very low, or use an electric driven fan. I think if you were to drive the cooling fan in the conventional mounting style, part of the fan blades would be higher than the core. The underhood area of the truck is unobstructed and would easily fit the exhaust and such without modification. In fact, the E6-350 I have was purchased for this application should it had become necessary. I was told by the Mack dealer at the time, (1997) that the cost to rebuild on of those engines was about $15,000 complete from them, and about $6200.00 for parts only. Culligan water softners had a fleet of them and there was always one, or two with major work being performed.

I can see why that truck would be popular for racing. It was nearly unexcelled for outer perimeter vision and turning circle. I had a 24 ft. rollback bed on mine with a 162" (CA) length and could turn that truck around as quickly as a truck 3/4 of it's length. The driving position was very comfortable for me and the cab was very quiet to operate in.

Mine was black with stainless wheel skins, and always kept clean. I had a lot of business due to that truck from recognition; Sorta like you and Pedros' trucks.

That is truly one that I miss having not only from a standpoint of convienience but it was just plain handy.

I have nothing bad to say about the midliners except parts availability on the aftermarket side. It was most fortunate for me the support the Mack dealers provided at that time. Now that the truck is discontinued, and with Volvo ownership, I don't know about the parts support any longer.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I will like to do a DRAG RCING :mack1: TRUCK for the MODIFIED STREET TRUCK class. On this category TRUCK must remain on its STREET look (complete cab, interiors, exhaust system, fuell tanks, fift wheel) engine coul be modified with 2 turbo chargers or the use of NITROUS system. If i fit a :mack1: E6 engine it should be on the factory location of the stock engine.

On the FUNNY TRUCK class I can even put a :mack1: E9 V8 engine on the chassis at the back of the cab of the truck. But this will be very comlicated.

LIGHT FUNNY TRUCK CLASS-Perfect for such platform MACK CS250 LOW PROFILE TRUCK. I can even tweak the smaller CS ENGINE (CALLAED E3 ENGINE BY SOME DEALERS) use even smaller wheels to get the truck to the ground.

I have some ideas on my mind for this