Fuel Tank Capacity Of A Mack Ch 1999

Hi there

I have a mack ch 1999, and I want to know the fuel tank capacity. I know that there are several sizes, but I know that my truck have the smallest one, does anybody know how many galons use my truck in one tank?

I really appreciate your help :D

Hi there

I have a mack ch 1999, and I want to know the fuel tank capacity. I know that there are several sizes, but I know that my truck have the smallest one, does anybody know how many galons use my truck in one tank?

I really appreciate your help :D

There should be a nameplate on the tank that states the capacity of the tank. If not, the approximate capacity can be calculated. Measure the diameter (inches) and square the number (i.e. 24" = 576 square inches). Then measure the length (inches). Multiply the diameter squared by 3.14 and divide by 4. Multiply that number by the length (in inches). Then multiply that number by 0.0043 to get gallons. Example a 24" diameter tank 36" long equals 70 gallons. The actual refill capacity will be less since the filler hole is not directly on top of the tank. Hope this helps.

Edited by farmer52

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"