Crank Case Pressure

rd866sx

Ihave a 95 E 7454 from time to time the oil cap will be blown off its strange because thecap was replaced atie strapped in place so it wouldnt be lost. i'll be driving get out to tarp and see the spray tighten back up sometimes again in same day sometimes weeks later what would be pressurizing and what do i look for???

Ihave a 95 E 7454 from time to time the oil cap will be blown off its strange because thecap was replaced atie strapped in place so it wouldnt be lost. i'll be driving get out to tarp and see the spray tighten back up sometimes again in same day sometimes weeks later what would be pressurizing and what do i look for???

Chip check out the other blow by post!

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=8344

On the newer E-tech engines there is a filter canister on the crancase breather tube that needs to be cleaned or replaced periodically. It is a wire mesh element, so it can easily be cleaned in solvent and re-used.I am not sure if the older E6 and E7 engines have this filter. It is located on the timing cover, lower right side, follow the breather tube and you will find it. If this gets plugged, crankcase pressure will find another way to vent, either the dipstick or the oil fill tube.