New Mack Owner

75CF611

Me and my dad Just bought a 1975 CF600 pumper to conver to a tractor to pull his 5th wheel camper. The only problem is that it has the 6.36 gears and will only go 45mph. What raito do we need to go at least 65, 70 would be better, and where would we get them from.

1975 Mack CF-600 Pumper.

I would call a local truck salvage yard first to see if they have a unit in the low 4's ratio, this ratio should get you in the ballpark of 63 mph. Also if you have a local dealer you can save as oppose shipping cost are rediculous at this time. And if I mention Watts Mack Sales enough, they may start giving us a 10% discount on parts. ... LOL....... :thumb::blink::loldude:

mike

I would call a local truck salvage yard first to see if they have a unit in the low 4's ratio, this ratio should get you in the ballpark of 63 mph. Also if you have a local dealer you can save as oppose shipping cost are rediculous at this time. And if I mention Watts Mack Sales enough, they may start giving us a 10% discount on parts. ... LOL....... :thumb::blink::loldude:

mike

There are a couple in my area and we were planning on doing that on friday. Can I swap the entire axle with a different one (ie spicer/eaton unit) if i can't find a mack.

1975 Mack CF-600 Pumper.

I talked to the place that you mentioned earlier and they need the VIN but it is at home so I will do it later. I started another thread in the driveline section and there I posted my dif numbers that were stamped on the carrier. I have thought about a overdrive unit but do not know where to get one.

1975 Mack CF-600 Pumper.