Thermodyne Fuel Rack Sticking

I've recently been trying to get my 57 H-63 fired up. I got fuel to four injectors and it fired but was running rough, too be expected. There was no throttle response when I moved the linkage nor the fuel shutoff valve. I took the side cover off of the rack and noticed the #1 and #4 plungers and springs were stuck in the up/closed position. This would explain my fuel delivery issue. I hosed them down with some PB blast in hopes to free up whatever is holding them up. I don't want to bang on them to free them up. Any tricks? What could be causing my fuel shutoff valve to not be working. I would like to see a detailed schematic of the inner workings if any has one. Thanks.

I've recently been trying to get my 57 H-63 fired up. I got fuel to four injectors and it fired but was running rough, too be expected. There was no throttle response when I moved the linkage nor the fuel shutoff valve. I took the side cover off of the rack and noticed the #1 and #4 plungers and springs were stuck in the up/closed position. This would explain my fuel delivery issue. I hosed them down with some PB blast in hopes to free up whatever is holding them up. I don't want to bang on them to free them up. Any tricks? What could be causing my fuel shutoff valve to not be working. I would like to see a detailed schematic of the inner workings if any has one. Thanks.

Take a long pry inserted between the coils of the plunger springs and pop them loose. Spray liberally with oil and work them by hand up and down till they are free.

The fuel shutoff rack rotates the barrels that are stuck. when you free them up, it will work fine. This is a common thing with a truck that has been sitting a long while. Get it running and hot, then change oil and it will clear up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Take a long pry inserted between the coils of the plunger springs and pop them loose. Spray liberally with oil and work them by hand up and down till they are free.

The fuel shutoff rack rotates the barrels that are stuck. when you free them up, it will work fine. This is a common thing with a truck that has been sitting a long while. Get it running and hot, then change oil and it will clear up.

Rob

Will trythat. Also does the rack have its own oil supply or does the engine oil circulate through the rack for lubrication?

Will trythat. Also does the rack have its own oil supply or does the engine oil circulate through the rack for lubrication?

Engine oil does the lubrication.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.