Tourqe limit switch

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

FJH, i dont have simple diagrams, i have the big fold out ones that you get from Mack Schools. Im hoping the info i posted from my V-Mac 1 book will get him what he needs

👍 either or switch /sender will derate him  I know for a fact that torque limit wires rubbed together is a 50 percent cut! Had to chase this once! 

I love the knowledge on this site! I do have the floor out and will be looking for a break in wire and getting ohms on speed sensor. Thank you all. I ain't got no quit so it will get fixed.. this is my first truck and I need it to start my business so this is all I got

• Like 1

So I just did some checking and found that the ground was loose on the speedometer cable going in underneath the dash not loose but corroded a little bit fixed that still did not  fix the problem. So now I'm wondering if the white wire that goes to the speed sensor is supposed to have 12 volts if it is can I hook a power probe up and give it 12 volts and see if it goes away or will that hurt the fic module. I originally checked the plug at the speed sensor going to the fic module and I did not have ground but now it looks like I do not have power if it takes power I'm unsure how this sensor works

I will be able to look at it later, and do the comparison, I did ohm the sensor, the new one I have shows no ohms, the old sensor shows 185 ohms.. I think I read it is supposed to be between 200 and 300 but I am not certain, so I am wondering if both sensors I have are garbage..  

So there is 4 white wires that I see going into the back of the speedometer

17-m-08,

17-n-08, 

17-g-08,

17-p-08

But that is as far as I have gotten so far . 

There is a ground post behind the tach with two large grounds and the speed sensor ground.. this is what I cleaned up, I thought that was going to fix it.  But sadly not. So I now need to track the white wires and figure that out, is it possible that my problem may be in the the dash cluster panel. Or even the speedo itself , I am unsure if the speedo can be replaced on its own or does the whole cluster get replaced . 

Just typing thoughts out.  

17-p-.08 is the white wire from sensor t speedo and it has continuity up to the speedometer.. so I believe my problem is from the speedometer over to the fic or ecm unit but I don't know if that number stays the same going over or not so any help here would be great

you wont have an FIC, if you have V-Mac I..  you have a pull stop for the injection pump,  your right foot is the FIC.. your doing good,  I know its a PITA.. jojo

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Hmm? I think i need to check my knowledge.  Looks like im wrong.  Sorry bud.  

VMAC 1  Fic is the bosch module ! Your issue will likley be with the VECU the aluminum one! it gets all the vehicle inputs ! and talks to FIC and tells it what to do!

I thought FIC was fuel injection control, and he that he had a fully mechanical injection pump

Posted (edited)

So I have an update on my situation with this truck I was able to take the dash cluster out of my truck and put it into a 99 that has the same dash and as soon as I turn the key on the light came on code was on and so I truly believe now that it is in the speedo head  I have ordered a new speedo for this for the this application , and I will see when it comes in if that fixes the problem I can't thank you guys enough,  we'll see what happens. I will post on what the outcome is

Edited by dependable dirt

Hope it fixes it how ever the the computer should see the out put from the sender regardless of what the speedo sees!   also the speedo has dip switches on the back make sure the new one is set the same! I have also run into these where they were backwards you may have to work them in reverse order!

• Like 1

So I installed new speedometer and still have code can't dive it to see if the speedo is working but definitely still have the code. The speed sensors I have are only at 160 ohms book says 200 to 300.. but I still can't figure it out. If you guys have any other ideas.  I can get a vmac module from a 95 rd but I am unsure if it is compatible, I think I will have to take it to the dealer to change it but not quite sure how all that works just yet

11 hours ago, dependable dirt said:

So I installed new speedometer and still have code can't dive it to see if the speedo is working but definitely still have the code. The speed sensors I have are only at 160 ohms book says 200 to 300.. but I still can't figure it out. If you guys have any other ideas.  I can get a vmac module from a 95 rd but I am unsure if it is compatible, I think I will have to take it to the dealer to change it but not quite sure how all that works just yet

200 to 300 ohms new ones are usually 300  ohms  just sayin! ?????? you got 160! ?????? check the new sensor and the air gap after !

Posted (edited)

This is my third new sensor I put in and they show at 160 new out of the box so I don't I'm not sure ... I need to check the distance like you said ,that's something that I have planned to do.. 

Posted (edited)

Does anybody have any ideas on whether that used v-mac module would work or do I have to take it down to the dealership to get it to work I wonder if it's just plug and play or if I put it in there and it wouldn't have the right information

24 minutes ago, dependable dirt said:

This is my third new sensor I put in and they show at 160 new out of the box so I don't I'm not sure ... I need to check the distance like you said ,that's something that I have planned to do.. 

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE SENSORS?