2001 CL713 E7-460xt throttle response issues

Hey folks, so I have bought a 2001 CL713 with a e7-460xt in it back in November 2023. My first truck with electronic fuel system on it.  Ive been noticing that at low rpm when you give it some throttle there is hesitation for a few seconds every once in awhile. Higher Rpms does not miss a beat. Ive also noticed when its idled at a 1000rpm, almost seems to miss for a split second, but also not all the time.  Any info or help would be appreciated.  Ive checked supply lines, changed hose, filters etc, seems like something to do with the electronics as my mechanical E7 has never had an issues like that in 22000hrs. 

Thanks!

So the hesitation may be fuel pressure. 1000 rpm idle speed is too high. Should be 625-675..  if when it's idling at 625 and for a split second jumps up to 650, every few seconds, many times the fuel pressure regulator is failing. Press should be around 80 PSI.  They brought it down from 100. Fuel pressure is checked with a hand held gauge not a computer..  

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Do you have any fault codes, for example a throttle pedal code?

Ill have to ask the mechanic, I dont remember him saying anything about it. we did a code scan because the jake brake wasnt working, or the high idle, and we were getting an ABS sensor code, which led to a bad abs sensor and fixed the issue.  I notice the electronic malfunction light come on when i use the clutch pedal 

5 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

So the hesitation may be fuel pressure. 1000 rpm idle speed is too high. Should be 625-675..  if when it's idling at 625 and for a split second jumps up to 650, every few seconds, many times the fuel pressure regulator is failing. Press should be around 80 PSI.  They brought it down from 100. Fuel pressure is checked with a hand held gauge not a computer..  

1000rpm is high idle, I live in Northern Canada, only way we can maintain engine temp in the winters without road speed. I will watch what the low idle rpm does next time I start it, Thank you!

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Ok..  I didn't know that about Canada..  I would check fuel pressure. Do you know where to hook the gauge?

yea we get to -45F sometimes, so we gotta warm our trucks up for 30 mins before we can hit the road,  I do not know sorry, somewhere around the injection pump?

that engine has 6 individual injection pumps.  EUP's..    you can get fuel pressure from the port behind the over board breather on the front of the engine..  1/4'' NPT threads,  you can hook a hose or long nipple there with a gauge..  jojo

26 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

that engine has 6 individual injection pumps.  EUP's..    you can get fuel pressure from the port behind the over board breather on the front of the engine..  1/4'' NPT threads,  you can hook a hose or long nipple there with a gauge..  jojo

Right on, I will try that, I appreciate all the advice. 

👍

there are many postings about your issue, that you can search out..  You may see more and/or better info..  Many of us took the time to write lengthy post's on this issue..  Just type in ''fuel pressure'' and I bet you will see a lot of info..  jojo