02 Mack chu613

Hey everyone I have a question for you all I’m currently looking at buying a 2002 Mack chu613 10 speed with a small sleeper for flatbed work was wondering what issues that truck has and its reliability I’m trying to only haul in Texas 

CHU? do you have any pictures of the engine, how is the condition of the frame, any history on the rear ends?  Eaton rears or Mack? Like any truck, if it was well maintained it can last a long time.  Eaton transmission? if so, probably an FRO 15-or-16 210 C.. decent tranny, millions of them around, the synchro is a common repair, but easy to do and not too expensive..  

Welcome to the Dog Pound..  Jojo.

others will chime in soon....

Thanks brother appreciate it I’ve always loved older Mack’s my dad use to drive a old rd688 day cab truck hauling end dump and loved riding in the truck, grew to appreciate Mack trucks and trying to look for one that I can still haul with in Texas 

• Like 1

Mack rears! Looks like a nice truck! 

If it has a Mack transmission that might be something to look out for. Not a bad transmission but finding the parts and people who know how to rebuild them can be tough on a short notice. Best of luck