2006 Mack ch info

Simplelife

Hello, I’m new here .. just recently purchased a 2006 Mack .. I really have no experience with Mack’s , but it drove good has a 18 speed maxi torque, and not sure on engine has egr , drove real well .. I will post the vin if someone can tell me more .. it will be pulling a walking floor trailer everyday hope it does well.. appreciate it .. 

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg

• Like 2

try to avoid deleting it and modifying the HP.. it is probably a 427, it has an EGR valve that can give issues, so try to keep it clean. there is a small air filter in front of the starter for the VGT Turbo actuator,  replace it once a year. It looks like a small oil filter, but it is an air filter.  keep the VGT control rod clean, and lightly lubed at each oil change. God luck with it..  Jojo

• Like 1

Ok, what kind of issues .. so deleting it will just make matters worse? Has 342k on the clock 15k hours .. I don’t mind an egr even if it has to be changed every 100k miles .. trying to see if someone can look up the vin to see the type of engine it has .  The sticker on the valve cover is kinda faded 

It’s All faded .. it was owned by maxim crane company.. supposedly well maintained .. it is really clean .. what I liked is , it seems to have more power then my w900 with a Cummins 444 , it pulls really good .. is it possible for someone to read the vin and let me know the specs on it? And are these trucks capable of making it to 600-900k miles ? 

So update , I took delivery of the 06 Mack and installed a wet line.. did my first load in it.. question I have it runs great , enough power.. what’s the normal water temp and oil temp? If I’m between 1700-1800 rpm’s going 60-65 water temp goes to 200 then fan turns on , and oil temp goes to about 210-215 then goes down a bit .. if I drive 55-60 at 1400-1500 rpm’s oil a little lower and water temp .. what is the normal ? 

dont sweat it... is the coolant diluted with water and not a 50/50 mix?  the centrifugal filter is not the issue..  is the radiator filled with dirt in the cores and needs to be pressure washed and cleaned out?  lets keep it simple..  

Not sure .. I was going to do a full fluid change in 2 weeks when I do PM on my other trucks . But man it pulls great.. had bout 18 tons on my walking floor and it didn’t sweat or miss a beat… very satisfied with it… my old w900 with a 444 Cummins pulled a bit slower then this Mack.. I think it was a good addition.. but man the pto for the maxitorque was 900 bucks compared to 340 for an Eaton ..