2004 Cv 713 hvac Air flow

Heres the book....   Pull the cup holders to get to the front cover torx screws, then remove the front cover, there are screws down each side as well..  check to see if the metal control rod has popped out of the plastic clip for the flaps..  if the clip is broken, you can get one from Oreillys in the Dorman section. It will be a multi pack..   

-OR-

Suck down the A/C,,,  pinch the heater lines on the fire wall and remove them from the nipples,,,,,,  pull the cup holder off then you will see the hidden torx screws in the front, there are screws down the sides also,,,,,  unplug the main plug above the throttle pedal, the wires go behind the HVAC unit. with the front cover off you can see how it runs,,,,, then pull the floor pan and the shifter if you want to... (much more room to work)  once you unbolt the HVAC unit from the fire wall the unit tips out, pull from the bottom and rotate upward,,,,  then you can service the unit on the bench... Make sure you stock up on patience..  :) jojo

do you hear clicking noises?  it is a series of plastic gear teeth.  Im sure you assumed that.. there is a svc. bulletin on it. I beleive it came out around 2003..  i think we replaced the whole mode box under warranty. I will try to find the bulletin.  jojo