High idle RB

3dimesdown

Hey guys new to this Mack page, I have a 2002 RB tandem dump truck. Lately it has been auto idling up for no reason even when it’s warm? Also I feel like the accelerator feels delayed at times? Just looking for some input !! 

do you have a 5-1 or 5-2 code?  How high does it go up, and does it stop?  Has any work been done latley..  Is there dirt jammed into the wheel under the pedal? That is the throttle position sensor. jojo

No work done on it lately, wheel Is nice and clean and well oiled. It goes up to probably 1000. Then if you tap the throttle it’s like there’s nothing there. You pretty much have to go right to the floor it drops the throttle down and back to normal 

I have to think on this one..  Do you have access to P.T.T.? if so, I recommend a throttle re-calibration.  any chance you have another truck like it, so you can swap the throttle pedal to see if it changes?  There should be a few others coming along to help you with this one..  Lots of smart guys here.  jojo