B61T frame color

can't answer the paint color question ;  my question (known as off topic ) is on that old fontaine 5th  wheel how would you do a rebuild if the legs are welded  to the slide plate. . center  2 in cross shaft looks a tag worn also. not a major deal many were welded on one end. some one on here will have your answer for paint.

38 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

can't answer the paint color question ;  my question (known as off topic ) is on that old fontaine 5th  wheel how would you do a rebuild if the legs are welded  to the slide plate. . center  2 in cross shaft looks a tag worn also. not a major deal many were welded on one end. some one on here will have your answer for paint.

Yes the old Fontaine is showing its age. 
my thoughts are to cut the welded on metal on the leg ends. That would allow me to remove the slide plate. 
I fear the cross shaft had become frozen in place, when you move the hitch plate the whole shaft moves. 
 I am going to take it as far apart as I can. Sandblast and make repairs the repaint it red. 
The truck has historic tags / insurance so it will not be working, just a toy. One day when it finds its next caretakers we will inform then of the condition of the 5th wheel.