Radiator replacement

Dante

Question

I have a 98 CH613 with a 350 Mack Engine. I had to replace the radiator and now I can not seem to get the expansion tank to accept enough coolant to fill the entire coolant system.. but the radiator cap on the expansion tank is under a LOT of pressure but not HOT after a short drive… during this drive the engine keeps shutting down I ASSUME from either not enough coolant OR the engine is starting to get too hot….. HELP!!!!! How do I remedy this issue??? Thanks In Advance

1 answer to this question

The braded line that run from the expansion tank to the top of the top radiator pipe has been know you collapse inside . Take the line loose at the radiator hose and see if you can add more coolant. Sometimes the elbow fitting on the expansion tank is actually a check valve with a ball in it. This can get stuck and cause issues. There were many variations of expansion tanks and piping and fittings over the years and service bulletins for upgrades that could be done . 

• Like 2