I bought my truck cause it was rough but not too rough the diesel with Jake brakes was  big plus non turbo kinda sucked it had the gas rear so the ratio was terrible ended up shortening it got a diesel rear cheap in Ohio drove it for a while and it just keeps evolving .Back in Black a member here gave me a turbo and manifold so the cool factor went way up and I scored a tandem air ride for cheap so I put that under it now I'm doing a sleeper I look at it if it has good sheet metal your good no one is going to give you good tin work cheap everyone wants it but drive train stuff seems like it's more available you can work a good deal on something with a shot body and get a good drive train but a body is hard to find

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

11 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

Excellent point. The 2 B61's mentioned in my previous post were 1/2 hour from home and I factored that into my offer. In hind site I should have bought the "lesser" truck for the $2000 and left the "good" one where it was. 

Ha ha I was thinking the exact same thing when you posted it mine was only 35 miles away but as I said I was able to drive it home the only thing I could fine wrong  was  the brake lights Of course as soon as I got off the highway there was a copper right behind me… Like wow man where are they when you need them ha ha bob

13 hours ago, TIMWAR said:

I was looking at a “non running” unit about 10 hours away and the cost to transport it was about $2000.00…plus, to wench it out of its location so it could be loaded was another $800.00…I’m sure a backhoe to load and offload would be another unknown fee…

The fact that this $5K truck is only 35 minutes from my house is a huge factor in making the decision to purchase it.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts on the matter.. 

Then you have no bargaining tool but if that’s what you want go for it it probably has really low mileage and there is a big savings right there good luck partner…. Bob

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo one more thing,,,you probably noticed lotta antiques have gone way up since covid...i was kind of poking around for a 64 galaxy ...but thier way too expensive 20-30 Gs for anything running now.you gotta be shittin me ,,,,forget it..lol.bob