Longest In Service Mack Fire Truck?

73cf600

One of my grandsons asked me over the weekend if I knew what the record was for the longest serving piece of Mack fire apparatus in the U.S. I had to admit that I didn't know. Does anyone know? My truck served two different departments for 49 years before I bought it. I have to believe there are others out there that have served longer.

Ed

depending on how the term "longest serving " title is meant, i know the R -model fire truck i delivered while working at waterbury mack in CT to winchester center back in '71 is still there may only be for parades or major emergencies . CT has (had) a ruling a fire apparatus can only remain front line equipt for 20 yrs. many times after the 20 yrs a unit is sold/ donated to another dept. 

Thanks Mech. Yeah, anything that has been with a department for a long time. We had a couple 30-40 year old ALF pieces at my department in the late 70's that sometimes got used in a pinch.