2013 Mack CHU MP8 timing advice needed

yeah I thought it was deleted too, but it has been sitting for aprox 8 months with the batteries disconnected, so maybe the computer reset itself? or it was a fluke regen? maybe all I need to do to finish undeleting it now it just replace the DPF filter, I don't really know much about the emission system.

as for the injector knock I unplugged each injector while the truck was running and the knock changed after unplugging number 4 that's how i found out it was the injector, the return fuel line on the back of the head was dripping a little i tightened that up, and hand primed the fuel system a bit, started the truck and idled it up to about 1300 rpm, and let it run for a bit then slowly idled it back down and the knock never came back.

• Like 1

Glad you checked those injectors before really tearing back into it. With the batteries un hooked that long the computer lost its keep alive memory and reset itself. If you had puffs of yellow smoke that’s probably the doc/dpf coming apart and being blown out. Possibly…