Turbo upgrade E7

Abryan1019

Question

I’m new on the forum, and an by no means a subject matter expert on Mack. My knowledge on Mack’s is minimal. I currently am running an 03 ch613 with a factory rated 427 E7. This particular truck is primarily used for pulling an end dump, but does on frequent occasions haul Heavy equipment. The plan is to upgrade to stage 3 injectors from Rochester diesel. My question is, is there a better/cheaper option as far as a turbo upgrade to compliment these injectors. I’ve been told that swapping a Detroit turbo can be done and that they perform well. Is this a viable option as far as bang for buck/ease of installation. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

What tranny do you have?  These trucks are slow, but deliberate...  I'm always interested in why there (isn't enough power)...  but never got an answer why they need to be boosted up...  Mack's are work horses...  I've hauled 120K with a 97' 400 and an 18 speed, 4:17 rears and could pull the hills in Maine where I was driving, did it every week, heavy illegal loads of dirt in a tri-x trailer...Just curious, Jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

It’s a 10spd.

it’s not a need, more of a want. I’m used to big cats. Now I do realize that it’ll never be a cat by any stretch of the imagination.  But IMO driven responsibly, more power to a certain extent is never a bad thing. Plus I can’t leave anything alone. If I can have more without damaging anything, I want it. 

• Like 1