1951 LJ Mack

1961H67

Question

I have a 51 LJ that I’m resorting, I have the record from Mack where it was delivered new ( here in Asheville NC ) Coca Cola Bottling in Asheville purchased it ,, It was painted old Coke yellow, frame red , top of cab and hood white , when I started sanding it down, there is Red paint under everything, I’m trying to find out if Mack did any custom painting from the factory or would the Asheville Dealer ( or Coke ) Painted over the red when it was new , I guess there is no way ever finding out if it was ordered for Coke or they just bought it off the lot , I have visited the local Coke Office , they have a lot of old pics but none of mine, most of the information on it came from a driver that I knew about 20 years ago that worked at a local welding supply that drove it from around the late 50s to 1969 when it was traded for a new 69 Pete , and he said they bought it from Coke , Thanks for any ideas on a paint scheme, I think I would like some of the Coke yellow on it just to break up all the Red 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet