Power door lock hook up

Can't really add much, but I know adding remote locks to my Ford trucks was not a big deal.  I know there are a couple variations of how the locks work electrically and that defines how it gets hooked up.  There again, I have no info on how Mack does it.

What aftermarket kit did you buy?  I used Bulldog Security on my pickups.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

6 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Can't really add much, but I know adding remote locks to my Ford trucks was not a big deal.  I know there are a couple variations of how the locks work electrically and that defines how it gets hooked up.  There again, I have no info on how Mack does it.

What aftermarket kit did you buy?  I used Bulldog Security on my pickups.

Thanks for your reply, I bought a device off Amazon called docooler it’s really nice and fair price, I tried to hook it to where the plug switch mounted on the door it works fine when the switch is unplugged but when I plugged it it caused a short out and blew the protection fuse. If I can find where the central door module is located I can hook it up there and I’m sure it will work but let me tell you the wires and harnesses on this truck is just a rat nest. 

That is the problem with how OEM makes the locks function, especially on newer vehicles.  

I found the kit you bought and they don't seem to offer any assistance with wiring.  I read through some of the Q/A on Amazon and it seems they leave finding out how to wire it to the buyer.  The box has the same basic look of what mine has with the same common connector.

My Bulldog kit came with a little gadget that you could use to confirm if the lock uses + or - pulses to operate.  My guess is you have it backwards and thus it blew the fuse.  I suppose a simple analog voltmeter would do the same just see which lead makes the me meter read forward.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"