Enf510 Oil Pressure

DWaits

Anybody know where the oil sending unit is on this engine? I am trying to hook up a temporay oil pressure gage.

I have been all over this engine and can not find it anywhere, does it connect on the oil filter housing? Also, does anyone have a service book for this engine or any pictures/ drawings?

Thanks!

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

Anybody know where the oil sending unit is on this engine? I am trying to hook up a temporay oil pressure gage.

I have been all over this engine and can not find it anywhere,  does it connect on the oil filter housing? Also, does anyone have a service book for this engine or any pictures/ drawings?

Thanks!

DW

David,

I went out and looked at the engine I pulled the water pump off of. The oil pressure line comes off of the right side of the engine just to the right of where the governor bolts on. On my engine there are two 1/8" plugs there, I believe either is oil pressure. Hope this helps, Brad

P.S. How did the water pump work out?

Thanks Firemack and Mackaholic,

Just as I was getting ready to stop for the day I found a NEW brass plug on the govener housing, I thought this might be it, with the answers from both of you I now know where it is.

Brad,

The water pump works just fine, I took it apart, you were right it was full of rust!

I got almost two cups of rust and flakes out of it, I cleaned and inspected everything (the insides were in very good condition) and put it back togather.

It turns as smooth as silk! I made some gaskets for it yesterday, got it all painted and will put it back on the engine today (after the weather warms up).

I hope to get it running by Saturday! I will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks.

DW

1948 Mack Pumper