Mp8 turbo actuator problems

TimberJack

2008 chu when you turn key on you can hear the actuator making a clicking noise. Well truck lost boost and no engine brake showed code for actuator. Took an had it replaced did great for about 2 days. Back to making the clicking noise while key is on. I checking connections to make sure pins weren’t loss. Even Check ones coming out of firewall. Started truck up ran great, next day back to the same ol shit. Sounds like it’s losing power and regaining it. Is there a relay for actuator? 

No but it sounds like the turbo maybe sticking! Replacing the actuator will not help if the cone / vanes are  sticking inside the turbo usually the turbo needs replacing !

Edited by fjh

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, TimberJack said:

2008 chu when you turn key on you can hear the actuator making a clicking noise. Well truck lost boost and no engine brake showed code for actuator. Took an had it replaced did great for about 2 days. Back to making the clicking noise while key is on. I checking connections to make sure pins weren’t loss. Even Check ones coming out of firewall. Started truck up ran great, next day back to the same ol shit. Sounds like it’s losing power and regaining it. Is there a relay for actuator? 

there is a fuse in the drivers side fuse block by your left foot. I dont remember which one but if it is making noise the fuse is probably ok. I cant  If the acuator makes noise continuously Move the harness around to the actuator and see if it changes anything. the pins in the round connector can look fine but still be bad. 

Edited by c-mac