Staying healthy while supporting critical truck haulage

kscarbel2

Scania Group Press Release  /  April 8, 2020

The dedicated employees at Scania's master parts distribution center (PDC) in Opglabbeek, Belgium ensure that warehouses and dealers have the right parts in stock.

Jelle Bokken is at work every day, making sure the business is running: “When I started here, I was brought into this big Scania family. Together with my colleagues, we do our utmost to enable trucks to stay on the roads with necessary supplies for hospitals and stores.”

The last few weeks have been anything but ordinary. The challenging times have caused more co-workers than usual to be at home, but the help for Bokken was nearby.

“Some of our white collars have stepped up and support us wherever they can in the warehouse. You can really feel the team spirit!”

The warehouse has also implemented a lot of preventive measures.

“We need to keep on working, but it’s vital that we stay healthy. For me, it’s more important than ever to put in every effort and continue to contribute with what I do best. To make parts available to those that need them.”

Photo 3.jpg

Bob, note the reusable parts storage containers.

No cardboard boxes that have to be recycled, a waste of time and effort. It's all about environmental sustainability. It's actually quite easy to be a responsible corporate citizen.