VINWiki Mack Registry

CaptainCrutch

Hello all, I found this app called VINWiki, and it's designed to be a registry of as many vehicles as possible. You can tell the story of the vehicles you know the stories of, or you can add new vehicles, or even just mention that you saw it. It requires the VIN # of the vehicle, but they've got this system that retrieves it from license plates on vehicles from 1981 until today. I've been adding as many trucks and their stories as I can. It's even been used to find some rare cars that have gone missing, something as simple as seeing it rolling around a neighborhood one day led to the discovery of a vehicle considered to be lost to time. If anyone is looking for a specific vehicle it could help you find it, like me with the truck that worked alongside my L. Still searching, but in the meantime I can use the service and hope someone sees it.

I'd recommend getting the app to share the stories of your vehicles, or vehicles you all know about, or if you don't want to get the app I'd be more than happy to put any trucks into the registry for you all, just need a picture and the VIN for any pre-81 vehicle, or just a license plate for any post-81 vehicles. I've created a list of classic Macks, but surprisingly there's less than 30 already on there, and I've added quite a few of those myself.

I like it because it's a great way of being able to easily share the history of these vehicles, all in one easy place. I think it even works for trailers too.

Just figured I'd spread the word about this cool history keeper...

Edited by CaptainCrutch

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

I hope that nobody minds me transferring the B Model Registry over to this VINWiki service. I tried looking for Mack B models and there were none when I first got on the app, so I figured I’d start adding some. It’d be helpful to have some pictures of the trucks and which ones are which, so if anyone could post pictures of B Model trucks and their models & serial numbers that’d be awesome! In the meantime I’ll be transferring the info on the B-Model Registry over to VINWiki...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!