Looking an R model single axle dump truck!

bailey'sbackyard

Hi y'all,

My name is David Bailey and I own Bailey's Backyard in Raleigh NC. I'm looking for a single axle dump truck to replace the 08 F-750 that I had. Great truck but crap CAT engine. Since my grandfather had owned the Mack dealership in Raleigh when I was growing up and now that I'm sixty I want a truck that won't crap out all the time like my 750 did and would be fun as hell to own and drive(anybody can drive a Honda but who cruises into the quarry riding in a classic Bulldog?). Prob is finding one. I've come across one in Pa with the 300 and 5 speed. Looks clean, never been a plow but I'm worried about rust even tho I don't see any in the pictures. For down here gotta have A/C too and I could put a dump bed on one if I can find a tractor. I need a single axle because all of my job sites are tight and that's my niche. The quarries give out my number for lighter loads but my F-550 is well maxed at 5 tons. Looking to haul 8-10.

I've had a love of Bulldogs since I was a kid and would climb into the cab of everything on the lot for old H's and B's to F"s(what we ran in our trucking company-No motor sounds or feels like that Mack V-8) DM's and my favorite ,an R model. I've spent a few miles driving them too altho mostly in other brands. Love the way the turbo spools up and the grunt that old bulldog barks.

I'll look around  in Fork Union  Virginia when I'm mostly at. Don't pass up a non AC unit, it's easy to add either a roof mount or even a Vintage Air system,

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE