AIR DRYER ISSUE

Hello I just purchased a new air dryer for my CH 613 dump truck because the old one that was on the truck valve was destroyed due to uneven off roads that I work on so I by passed it because it was bleeding air constantly until I could make it to my destination. Now that I have a new one on the truck I turn the truck on and it on pulses for maybe 3 to 4 times then do nothing else the air pressure also does not build up but if I back off the hose (circles in pic) slightly that connects to the control port of the air dryer the air start to build but the air dryer still does nothing but the air tank releases the pressure after it builds up do anyone know what’s going on so I can know what to look for? Do you guys think the check valve in the tank bad? 

2EAC000D-CF3A-4B1D-A7F3-ECC744CA7438.jpeg

That small hose comes from the air governor same one that controls the compressor Once system preasure is reached the governor and that line signals and  unloads  the air drier till that line has no air on it the air drier stays in the unloaded state!

Do you have the lines plumbed to the right ports in and out! just asking? Is it an exact replacement or is it retrofited ! I personally like the Good old AD9 air drier  might get flamed for this comment how ever My opinion!

Tried and true!

Edited by fjh