2002 ch600

Countryboy19

Question

My 2002 CH600 warning light the X with circle around it keeps coming on and shutting down engine. Check fluids and everything is good. I do notice that my  coolant hand is sitting on top of the red. Not running hot but the fan not kicking on and I would think it should with the temperature being up that high. Could it be a sensor or fuse to why fan not kicking on at the temperature being that high?

2 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Countryboy19 said:

My 2002 CH600 warning light the X with circle around it keeps coming on and shutting down engine. Check fluids and everything is good. I do notice that my  coolant hand is sitting on top of the red. Not running hot but the fan not kicking on and I would think it should with the temperature being up that high. Could it be a sensor or fuse to why fan not kicking on at the temperature being that high?

If the water temp sensor is bad, it may shut down for overheating.

What style fan clutch do you have? Some of them require the heat from the radiator air to turn them on, and if it's not actually overheating it won't need to kick on...