Perfect teamwork: Sideguard Assist and MirrorCam provide for greater safety

kscarbel2

Daimler Press Release  /  March 13, 2019

The Sideguard Assist has been available since 2016 in the Mercedes-Benz Actros and minimises the probability of dangerous accidents on the co-driver's side when the vehicle turns to the right. It has now been revised and improved for the digital future of trucks.

In the new Actros, Sideguard Assist uses the MirrorCam display to warn drivers visually when the system detects a moving or stationary object in the monitored zone on the co-driver's side of the truck. The system can thus warn drivers in good time on the monitor of cyclists or pedestrians they may not have seen. MirrorCam and Sideguard Assist work hand-in-hand – overloading the driver with information is thus avoided and all of the relevant warnings are located together in a single location.

In line with the launch of the new Actros, Sideguard Assist can now additionally support the driver under certain conditions when turning to the left.

• 1 year later...

I completely agree with you.I completely agree with you. I believe that this is a great achievement that ensures the safety of the driver. because there are often cases when the driver falls asleep at the wheel and no longer wakes up. And they have achieved all this because Mercedes has a great team of engineers and great corporate communication within the company. All this has led to the fact that they are reaching new heights in the automotive industry and safety. I am sure that they will be able to discover even more new technologies that will be used in the future. I want my company to have the same good corporate communication.

Edited by BrianBennett