R model dash

Macktruckman

Question

My r model dash needs help. I can make new gauge panels and the cover over the speedo and tach is ok but there is cracks on the main parts. Naturally the parts that aren’t easily remade. I would be happy with a dash topper or cover like those velour toppers they make for automobiles if anyone knows of a source or has ideas. Thank you 

5 answers to this question

On 3/9/2019 at 6:11 PM, Macktruckman said:

My r model dash needs help. I can make new gauge panels and the cover over the speedo and tach is ok but there is cracks on the main parts. Naturally the parts that aren’t easily remade. I would be happy with a dash topper or cover like those velour toppers they make for automobiles if anyone knows of a source or has ideas. Thank you 

what color ?

1 hour ago, Macktruckman said:

Gray or black would be nice as the rest of the interior is now gray

I have a Beige that was in my R model but I ended up changing the whole dash i found a brand new one in the box, was not cheap but mine looked like a buzz saw hit it multiple times.

I cleaned this one up best I could and painted it. Local machine shop has the 2 center gauge panels and are making me some new ones (with the gauges and stereo cutouts where I wanted them). The interior is all back together now, less those two panels I’m waiting on. So I’m gonna run with it. I appreciate you checking on me 

Oh and I have a friend in an auto body shop that’s fixed the cracks in my headliner and covered it with a automobile headliner vinyl. I couldn’t find one of those either. Seems you can buy parts for a be model but for some reason us R model guys are SOL. Lol