Algeria chooses Navistar MRAPs

kscarbel2

Defense Blog  /  January 12, 2019

The Algeria National People’s Army’s (ANP’s) acquisition of Navistar Defense MaxxPro mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicles (MRAPs) was confirmed on 10 January when the Ministry of National Defense released footage showing the vehicles being used during a live fire exercise.

During live fire exercise was spotted several MaxxPro mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicles in service of the 116th regiment of the operational maneuvers RMO of the ANP.

The MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) is an armored fighting vehicle designed by American company Navistar International’s subsidiary Navistar Defense along with the Israeli Plasan Sasa, who designed and manufactures the vehicle’s armor.

The MaxxPro MRAP is built to withstand ballistic arms fire, mine blasts, IEDs, and other emerging threats. Its V-shaped hull helps deflect blasts out and away from the crew and its armoring can be customized to meet any mission requirement.

A total of 9,000 vehicles MaxxPro in many variants were delivered to the U.S. Army. In December 2007, the U.S. Marine Corps has ordered 1,500 MaxxPro to Navistar. But they plan to keep only about 3,000 of them.

Photo 5.jpg